Despite the surging importance of content marketing, content marketing is still not well understood by many businesses. There are so many benefits a business owner can reap from this newfound strategy.
Therefore, Word Philocaly is here to help you understand the ideology behind content marketing through impactful copywriting. We went on a hunt through our archive and dug out the top 20 inspirational quotes about content marketing. Read on and we’re sure the wisdoms of these great minds will be able to change your business for the best!
1. “Content marketing is really like a first date. If all you do is talk about yourself, there won’t be a second date.” – David Beebe
2. “When you understand your WHY, your WHAT has more impact.” – Michael Jr.
3. “I think of my team’s role as 80% journalism, 20% content marketing.” – Margaret Magnarelli
4. “If your website was a city, there would be a highway of visitors flowing through it. But if you don’t know where that highway is, you don’t know how to guide traffic. You don’t know where to put the billboards.” – Andy Crestodina
5. “Sell a good night’s sleep – not the mattress.” – Academy of Art University
6. “Focus on the core problem your business solves and put out lots of content and enthusiasm and ideas about how to solve that problem.” — Laura Fitton
7. “Content optimized for search includes keywords. Content optimized for social includes people.” — Andy Crestodina, Orbit Media
8. “Our job is not to create content. Our job is to change the world of the people who consume it.” – Andrea Fryrear
9. “What is written without effort is in general read without pleasure.” – Samuel Johnson
10. “Make the prospect a more informed buyer with content.” – Robert Simon
11. “When we create something, we think, ‘Will our customers thank us for this?’ I think it’s important for all of us to be thinking about whatever marketing we’re creating; is it really useful to our customers? Will they thank us for it? I think if you think of things through that lens, it just clarifies what you’re doing in such a simple, elegant way.” – Ann Handley
12. “Writing isn’t about using big words to impress. It’s about using simple words in an impressive way.” – Sierra Bailey
13. “The easiest way to turn off your community members is to broadcast the same message across multiple channels. Instead, determine the kind of content that interests the members of your community in a way that is useful to them.” – Joe Pulizzi
14. “Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing.” – Benjamin Franklin
15. “The best headlines are those that appeal to the reader’s self-interest, that is, headlines based on reader benefits. They offer readers something they want – and get from you.”
– John Caples
16. “To continue winning the internet marketing game, your content has to be more than just brilliant — it has to give the people consuming that content the ability to become a better version of themselves.” – Michelle Stinson Ross
17. “Let us prove to the world that good taste, good art, and good writing can be good selling.” – William Bernbach
18. “One of the best ways to sabotage your content is to not tie it to your goals. Know why you’re creating content.” – Ellen Gomes
19. “The consumer isn’t a moron; she is your wife. You insult her intelligence if you assume that a mere slogan and a few vapid adjectives will persuade her to buy anything” – David Ogilvy
20. “Marketing is telling the world you’re a rock star. Content marketing is showing the world you are one.” – Robert Rose
So, now it’s your turn…
This list of content marketing and copywriting quotes can go on and go. But we’ll have to stop here so you’ll have time to digest and internalize them.
These content marketing quotes are able to inspire you and your team members and work towards your marketing goals. So business owners and marketers, what are your favourite quotes about content marketing or copywriting? Tell us in the comments below or share this article with someone!
Want more articles to help with your business and marketing? Check out our list of articles!
You can also find us on: